Sunday, December 30, 2012

5x5


5x5 Cardboard, plaster gauze, pastel, ink, torch, encaustic medium

I can't really remember when Seth Apter put out a call for entries,
but I was all in.
It came at a time when there was stuff I had to get out,
you know?
Grabbing just a few supplies, I starting cutting, ripping, burning,
adding text and pastel
sealing it all in with encaustic medium.
Off in the mail it went to Seth.
I didn't take any photos of it (duh).
Seth sent them on the Somerset Studio.
I was rather amazed that it not only got in the magazine
but that it was on a full page!


Head over to The Altered Page to see all the 5x5 works
Thank you Seth!

5 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

Congrats Chris! It's a wonderful piece!

Seth said...

I am glad I put out the call at the right time for you Chris. And very happy this piece is what came out of it. Congrats on being in SS. And thank you for being a part of The Pulse!

Chris said...

Thanks Judy, I appreciate your kind words!

Hi Seth! I'm glad you put the call out as well. Art heals!

jgr said...

Big Congrats Chris!! That is SO exciting.

Mrs Pretzel said...

Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment on Seth's blog for me today!! Your work here is beautiful!