Thursday, November 27, 2008

This n' that

Finally getting around to painting the fish. I painted it yellow, then glazed it with Nickel Azo Gold mixed with glaze and wiped the paint off in spots.

Next I mixed Pthalo Turq with glaze and wiped it off again. Not sure if I like it, but will keep going.
The other project that was keeping me busy was faux finishing the bedroom. I painted it mint green, it looked okay...but at certain times of daylight....it looked pretty garrish. So I took some of the bathroom color, mixed it with glaze-rolled it on-wiped it around with cheesecloth. I really like the way it turned out.
Here is a closeup of a wall. Cheesecloth is nice to work with.

Marci came over last weekend. Here she is playing around with alcohol inks on Stampbord.
She started using the inks to paint pictures on acetate. I've only seen people create backgrounds with alcohol inks. Who knew? Marci got the idea of making Christmas presents using alcohol inks on glass ornament bulbs. She's getting some really cool effects. She's coming over again on Saturday. I'll post pictures of her ornaments.
Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: