Friday, September 26, 2008


I don't know it's because I'm nearing that 50 mark, but I've been thinking about life. Its brevity, its richness, its bittersweetness. What am I doing with this weaving that is my life? What you do with your life really does matter. You can be a blessing or a curse. What do you want to leave behind? How do you want to be remembered?


Nothing Gold Can Stay~~Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay. ~~

~~
Sieze the day. Have gratitude. Look at everything. Take nothing for granted.
~~

The Road Not Taken~~Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood.
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference ~~

So how do you know you're on the road less traveled?
What does the road you're on look like?
Are you making a difference?
Throw your heart over the bars and your body will follow.

No comments: