Tuesday, December 8, 2009

a matter of perspective

I started this painting (homework for Misty's class) in an easel, didn't finish it in one sitting...so I pulled if off of the easel and worked flat on a table. I was a bit surprised at how different the perspective was between lying flat and upright in an easel. It's a good idea to step away from your work every now and then to check on the perspective, shapes, colors, etc., even turning your work upside down. The next painting I do (which may very well be right on top of this one), I will take my own advise......need more practice. ;p

2 comments:

jgr said...

Yes, that's true about perspective. I like the intensity of her expression though-she's very intriguing.

breathe as me said...

it's so true about perspective... so many times i will become so intense about something i'm working on i tend to forget all about stepping back from it or looking at it from another angle... there are times the full impact of the perspective doesn't hit me until i've either scanned or photographed the piece and i see it on the computer screen... sometimes it is really startling...

i agree with jgr...there is something very intriguing wanting to come through the expression in her eyes...