Sunday, December 27, 2009

Face painting

Revisiting this face....I had glued an image of a face on a background.....decided it was time to go ahead a attack it. A good start I think. Here I am using burnt umber and white paint. It's interesting to see it up on a computer as opposed to lying on a table.
This poor girl has a bulky neck, doesn't she? I'll be able to slim it down a bit when I go back and put in the background. Attempting to mix skin tone shades here.

White paint and brown ink....a good start. I really like to work on a few things at once. It's good to put paintings aside and go back later. Things that I thought were working....aren't. I learning to hang in there with face painting.....keep going....keep blending....don't give up. They aren't where I think they should be, so I'll keep working on them......

2 comments:

joanne said...

wow, Chris... these are looking really great... what a great idea to work on multiple pieces at once... i may have to try that too...

i like what you say about walking away from something for awhile and coming back... sometimes it works in reverse too... you can walk away thinking you don't like something and come back later and find out you actually do :)

Peggy Stoop said...

Hi Chris,

Just checking out what you have been doing. I love your wring and it gives me pause for thought! YOU are very talented. Some of us are really thick necked! And thick skulled etc! Happy New Year!