Thursday, January 14, 2010

mid-jan 2010

Where did the first half of the month go already? Earlier this week we had gray skies. The lack of sun has made me want to curl up and hide. Yesterday was a glorious day and of course, forgot my camera. I felt so good to go outside at lunch and feel the warmth of the sun on my face. It even got warm enough for some of the snow to melt. I never tire of looking at this pond. During the day, I spin my chair, look at the pond and catch my breath. ahhhhh......
LK Ludwig's online journaling class is a great time of play. It's a blast spending time readying pages to be bound into a journal. LK is sharing a lot of techniques, some of which I've not tried before, gelatine printing for one......
I've been working on making my own stamps. Some of these are made of cardboard, some out of foam. As I work, I see the shapes that are cut and glued as symbols. I don't know what they mean.....yet, but as I use them in my work they will show me. The beginnings of my own symbology.
.....yet another contemplative girl~~~she's got a lot on her mind and a heavy heart

a printing plate started as a piece of foam from a to-go container, lines drawn in with a pen
I'm giving myself an assignment for the weekend.....I'll fill you in later......

No comments: