Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pear #21




Paul and I drove up to my Dad's last weekend.
I miss him so much.
I wrote him a note and left it there.
We're going through his belonging
slowly.
My Aunt had a rummage sale 
we took some things over.
We were looking at pictures
that I found
from when my Dad was in the army.
Auntie Karen told stories
 the photos came alive.
I loved listening.....

~~~


At one point
I pulled out a piece of cardboard
and painted a pear.
I think this just might be my favorite....



gesso, gouache on cardboard 5x7

I enjoy painting with gouache,
building layers
painting 
dabbing
scrubbing

Doesn't this look like a wall
you'd find somewhere
in Europe
a small village
an old house
plaster falling off the wall
exposing the wood lath.


a layer of beeswax on the top-
it gives the painting a richness

Thanks for visiting

1 comment:

jgr said...

I know just how you feel, missing your Dad. I absolutely love the pear, too. It's really amazing!