Thursday, December 18, 2008

Intentions

A few of months ago, Stephanie Lee posted about writing out your intentions. Here is an excerpt from her post of Sept. 10 2008 (in fact go read it....)
"With a paper or journal or notebook in hand, set a timer for 10 minutes and set it aside where you can't see it. (too many rules already? Well, I'm not there to enforce them. I'm just laying out the ideal conditions. We want a fair contest don't we?) :) So...book. check. pen. check. timer. check. (what's that you say? the cat wants out? Put her out before you start the timer so she doesn't pester you the whole time. the dog can wait ten minutes.)Imagine that you got up just a little bit earlier and carved a little room in your pre-active morning for a little intention setting. No...wait...it's not that directive. At this point we are just going to imagine what we want - for our day, for ourselves only. Not for others."
I'm a list maker, I have to write things down, without rules (they're more like guidelines-- arrrgh) I can't and don't focus. I am amazed at how much time gets frittered away at say, playing "crack attack". Why is it that I can spend 20 minutes on 1 game of crack and turn around and say, I don't have time for (fill in the blank). Then you hear the old adages like
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Well, what are you supposed to do with that?
Do you get overwhelmed like I do, with all those "good intentions"? I'm going to start today, with 1....one intention. baby steps. My knees hurt, (did I mention I need a partial knee replacement?) Today I will take 30 mins. out of my day and do something just for me, knee therapy. Next week, add 1.....one thing more. Here's the deal, I need some accountability.
I'm putting this out there, PLEASE check on me and help me keep on track.
I need to lose 50 lbs. Right now I'm in that stinking downward spiral.......I need to lose weight, must exercise but my knees hurt, so I don't exercise, lalala.
The photo above was taken before I left work one day (night?) last week.

No comments: