Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pear #17

"Cop-pear"


Copper foil 5x7

One of my very favorite techniques 
is repousse; embossing.
The amount of pressure applied with a tool
(here I used a metal ball tool- it's double ended)
to the copper--front or back
leaves either very subtle marks
or deep dimensional textures.
Sometimes I glue small shapes on the piece.
I use liver of sulfur to patinate the copper.
Then I buff it with steel wool.
Copper is a bit hard to photograph
but then again,
you know I have issues with cameras ;)

~~~

Spending time writing in my journal
is helping me sort out the 
tangles.
It's a good friend
it listens
it doesn't judge me
and it brings moments of clarity.

2 comments:

jgr said...

Another beautiful one! Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.