Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Journal Cover

I made a journal using Teesha Moore's instructions. Very easy to make. The cover is pre-gessoed canvas. This is my first painted self portrait, I am happy with the way it turned out. I asked Paul what he thought, "Well, it doesn't really look like you." Hmmmm. I'm thinking close enough for government work. I have a whole box of paint that I'm trying to use up in my journals. Colors I bought for workshops or just because. I'm trying to narrow my palette down to get some cohesiveness in my work. Journals are the prefect place to use paint with wild abandon. I am an admirer of Juliana Coles. I hope to take a workshop with her sometime. She has workshop booklets available on her etsy shop. I started working on an exercise, it ain't about pretty, it's about going deep, it's about getting out of your comfort zone, it's about push and pull. This journal was made for these exercises.

No comments: