Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Art journal Day 21-Altered Photo

This morning as I was writing this quote ("and the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin) I felt a surge shoot through my body. Today is that day. Today is THE day. I can't stay in this place another day. Starting today, and every day following, I am going to take 1 risk a day. Starting with a small step. Everytime I tell myself I can't do something, I'm going to try. Risk....it's a scary and powerful word. What if I fail? What if people laugh at me? (my 2 biggest fears!)
I have to keep trying.....no matter what. I can't sit still anymore. I can't keep waiting for something to happen.
Are you with me on this?! Let's walk together step by step.

Paint was scraped onto the page with a plastic card. The photo was sanded, the edge torn for a more organic look, then painted with acrylics.

1 comment:

jgr said...

Hi Chris,
I love this altered photo! And even more I love your thoughts on 'risk'. Yes!! I'm with you!
I agree: risk is scary. It can also be exhilarating.

--Jane